Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter


Easter Sunday was a lovely, quiet day here. I went to the Canterbury Cathedral for one of their evening services, and it was really nice. There were only about 80 people at the service I went to, but judging by what the priest said, the morning service was very, very crowded (as I expected). It was very low-key, but I did get to hear the organ play!

The night before I had gone to some friends' house to do a little egg-painting. It was a little different than the egg-dyeing as I'm used to it. They boiled the eggs in colored water to dye the shells, then used acrylic paints to paint all over them. I managed to paint one really cute egg, and one really ugly egg. I figure they even out. We didn't end up eating any of the eggs that night, so I can only wonder if the eggs still tasted okay with all that paint potentially seeping through the shells.

No comments: