Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Settling In

Well, a few days have passed and I'm glad to say that things are going extremely well. So far I've met lots of people from countries all around the globe, including France, Germany, Austria, Cypress, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Britain (of course) and more. Even though introducing myself to new people is at times horribly awkward, it's always worth it in the end.

This morning I went to a few international students' orientation meetings which, while they weren't exactly riveting, were certainly informative. Plus, finding my way to the meetings also provided me the opportunity to get lost several more times, but I'm beginning to learn that that's often the best way to explore the campus. Tonight I went to the international students' dinner, which was great fun. I got to meet more people, and there was great food and even a Bollywood dancing presentation.

And on an especially awesome note, I found out today that I have classes only 3 days a week, and no class starts before 11:00 a.m. How cool is that? I'm anticipating a lot of individual work, though. This term my two classes are Greek and Roman Medicine, and Museums: Our National Heritage. I'm hoping they'll be pretty interesting.

No pictures for you today, but hopefully there will be lots tomorrow, as I'm going on a tour of the Canterbury Cathedral tomorrow afternoon. 'Til then!

No comments: