Tuesday, December 23, 2008

On Holiday

Sorry for the massive delay in posting, everyone. Things have been mighty busy lately. Last week was the last week of classes for me. So I spent pretty much all of that time either in class or writing my two final essays. I can't believe the first term is over already! It seems like time is really flying here. And I'm really glad that I'm here for the full school year instead of just one semester. I do miss everyone at home, but I think going home now would mean I wouldn't get to see a lot of cool things here.

We did manage to have a little fun during the stressful, last week of term. The weekend before we all left for the holidays, our flat had a little Christmas party, which was very fun. We did dinner, and also presents and Christmas cookies.

Then just this past Friday, Gabby and I left for her friend's flat in Kingston (a suburb of London). It's just a quick train ride to downtown London, which is very cool. We did a little shopping there on Sunday evening, and man is London beautiful at Christmas time! All the department stores had ridiculously gorgeous decorations covering the entire sides of buildings. There's no snow here yet, but it still feels like Christmas because of all the decorations and music coming from everywhere. People here are really into the holiday spirit, which is nice too.

Now that I don't have class, I have lots of time for sight-seeing. So if anyone has any good suggestions, let me know! There's a train station just five minutes' walk from here, so I'm in a great position to go anywhere!

The internet here isn't terribly reliable, but I'm going to do my best to keep updating. Happy Holidays, everybody!

No comments: