Friday, May 15, 2009

Dublin

On Tuesday morning, I left for London to meet my friend Ginnie at Heathrow. We spent the day seeing the cool sights in London, and I got to go up on the London Eye for the first time. It's really high! Obvious, I know, but still impressive when you're up there. We also walked around and discovered a cool market area that I'd never been to before.

On Wednesday we flew to Dublin. I'm in Ireland right now! Dublin has been really amazing. On Wednesday we walked around a bunch, mostly along O'Connell Street, which is one of the main thoroughfares. Then on Thursday we took a Dublin city bus tour so that we could get a feel for the city. We saw lots of monuments and buildings and stuff, including the statue of Molly Malone and the huge 360-foot Spire, which looks like a giant needle and is very helpful in terms of orienting yourself. We also visited the Guinness brewery, which has been by far my favorite part of the trip so far. I got to pour my own pint of Guinness, and I got a certificate to prove it, heheh. Today we took another bus tour, this time up north along the coast and to Malahide Castle. There wasn't much to see in the castle, but the tour along the coast had some pretty cool views. After that we took a tour of Dublin Castle, which had lots of amazingly decorated rooms and even a little underground section that was really neat.

We're flying to Barcelona tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have more updates for you in a day or two. And hopefully it'll be a little sunnier in Spain than it has been in Ireland!

Dublin


Dublin 2

No comments: