Friday, November 14, 2008

Mini Pub Crawl

Hey, everybody! It's been a while since I've posted anything. I've been keeping busy with school and exploring the town. Last week I finished my first two papers for my classes. So now I'm just eagerly awaiting the grades. I hope they don't mark me down for my American spelling/grammar. :P

Last weekend I went to a cool Moroccan restaurant with Sarah and Valentina. The place was great--there were lots of cool lanterns and pillows and stuff. And I think it was probably the best meal I've had since coming here too. It was duck with almonds, raisins, and squash. Yum yum! (Usually, dinner is canned ravioli or a cold-cuts sandwich, so that was definitely a nice change.) And best of all, it was half-price because it was students' night.

A few days ago I went on my first pub crawl. We went to three places in town. (I'm not sure if that counts as a "real" pub crawl--is there a minimum number of pubs you have to go to?) I even got to try a James Bond-style martini. It was actually pretty good. So that was a really fun night too.

Right now, three of my flatmates have visitors (parents and siblings), so things are pretty crowded. The language barrier is a little difficult, since most of them don't speak English. Mostly it's a lot of smiling and hand gestures. Awkward, to be sure, but I'm just choosing to look at it as valuable cultural exposure. Yep, I'm a veritable cultural sponge.

No comments: