Monday, November 3, 2008

London Again!

I went to London again this past Saturday. It's so amazing there! If I had the money, I think I'd go just about every weekend.

I went back to the British Museum. I wanted to see more of the galleries, since last time I spent most of my time in the Enlightenment Gallery. I spent about 3 and a half hours in there this time, so I had lots of time to wander around. There is so much stuff there! I started out in the Egyptian gallery, and I took pictures of just about everything, but as time went on I started to realize that if I took a picture of everything that looked cool I'd have about 1500 photos.

I got to see Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament too! That was really cool. By that time, though, it was after dark (it gets dark about 4:30 now!) so it was hard to get a good picture. After messing with the camera and taking more than a few blurry pictures, I was able to take a couple good ones of Big Ben from across the River Thames. It was really rainy and windy and I got totally soaked walking around, but it was worth it. Also, it's a real confidence booster that I was able to figure out my own way around London. I'm a total pro at the Underground now too. :D

Alas, I've got two papers due at the end of this week, so I've really got to get cracking. My first one is about the French Revolution's impact on the development of European museums, and the second one is about how contemporary diagnoses of ancient diseases influences our view of that time period. Heavy. Off to the library I go again, then!

London 2

No comments: