Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nice Night

Ah, weekends. They're really quite lovely. (You can imagine that in a British accent, if you want. I think my flatmate Helen's speech patterns are rubbing off on me a little.) I went to ASDA (British Walmart) today via the free "grocery bus." I got some pretty cool stuff--a comfy throw for the coming cold winter nights, a small but very cool lamp, and potpourri that smells like chocolate! My room feels so much cozier now, which makes me smile. And I also bought little slippers that have cow spots on them, and little pink bows on the toe. They're so cute!

We've decided to start propping our doors open in the flat now. We figure it'll be easier to be more sociable throughout the day that way. Unfortunately, the doors are really heavy, so I've got to push my little chest of drawers in front of the door to keep it open. And this evening, Gabby, Helen, and I drew Thanksgiving turkeys (you know, tracing the hand and drawing in the turkey's face and feathers and all that) and hung them on the fridge. Oddly enough, we also hung Christmas lights above the windows in the kitchen, and put the mini Christmas tree in the corner. Yay holidays!

No comments: