Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Voted!

I voted today! It's the first time I've gotten to vote in a presidential election, so I was kind of excited. My regular absentee ballot still hadn't shown up, so I downloaded an emergency write-in ballot, filled it out, and popped it in the mail straight away. Hopefully it'll get there in time to be counted. And if not, well at least I tried my best.

I just finished reading Fahrenheit 451. It was really good, very thought-provoking. And definitely much easier to understand than the Aristotle and Galen that I've got to read for class.

We had a really interesting debate about ancient Greek views on dissection in class the other day. The class split up into three groups and we were each supposed to argue the side of one of three medical sects--Empiricists, Dogmatists, and Methodists. Our group was the Methodists, and lemme tell ya, it was really hard finding info about them. Everything I searched for was about the religion rather than the medical philosophy. As it turns out, the Methodists had no strong feelings either way about dissection, so we got to sit there and listen to the Empiricists duke it out with the Dogmatists. The debate got really lively, so that was interesting at least. I don't know why I'm writing so much about this, except that I spent a good chunk of my weekend working on it. :P

Anyway, here's a fun picture to make you smile. It's the label from a bottle of hand soap I bought. (I know, I'm easily entertained.)

No comments: